1. Flying mounts with no way to initiate PvP on A PVP SERVER FOR CHRISSAKES.
2. No option to queue with a preference for server-only BG or dungeon or arena.
3. Horde Paladins. Alliance Shamans.
4. Over-sized weapons and shoulder pads and Tauren on ostriches and other too-small mounts.
5. Way too easy to move to the other faction or another server – promotes anonymity and a lack of consequences for acting out and bad behaviour. Your reputation now means that much less to you, and once that’s no longer a concern, why bother being nice or keeping up a good reputation?
6. Naming policy on RP servers – good policy, zero enforcement because that doesn’t make any money for Blizzard. So they leave it to the playerbase to determine what’s okay and not, with the result that anything goes since it’s too much of a pain to report, action is taken slowly, and the reportee just has to add an ASCII-char instead of one letter in the offending “turd” or “lol” or “arthaszxx”.
7. Clipping and lack of a way to do collision detection leading to walking through bosses, enemies and whatnot. Warhammer got around this by making it a dynamic flag based on who’s in the immediate vicinity. It’s doable. As is you can have 15 NPCs standing right on top of each other beating on you. Or two players run right through each other. With collision detection you can all of a sudden have a line of melee protecting casters and whatnot. Griefing is avoided by only making this for enemies, and then only in non-sanctuary areas or on PvP servers.
8. Overly blocky buildings. Things that are obviously meant to be circular is all cut up and blocky. Yuck.
9. Homogenized classes. Everyone has to have an ‘out’ or two or three and some immunities to go with it.
10. Class balance pre-WOTLK. Yep, they finally got that **** on lock-down. If you ever fought a geared raiding rogue in world pvp in vanilla you know what I’m talking about.