This page would have been titled GOOD REASONS TO BE HUMBLE if there had been enough room at the top. There’s not. Dumbass will suffice, I think. You get the point.
“Yes, please – BIG SLICE!”
I’m an arrogant chauvinistic jerk. Mostly. (Used to be real bad.) Here’s a small collection of all the reasons I try to be a bit humble. Most of this is rl, some is wow-related. Some of them you’ll never get me to explain unless I’m so drunk that I start putting more trust in people than I normally do (hasn’t happened in about ten years, so good luck with that). Some of this is in Swedish, or possibly French or German. Oh well. Your understanding is not my problem.
- Late night, finally got a BFD PuG going. Took the wrong FP from TB way out of the way, and fastest way back was to go back to TB. Then did it again. Before meeting stones. Warlocks were a joke at the time, and not played much – no summons.
- Bit hard on an acct management email phishing scam, had to replace passwords and whatnot. Some hacker out there has my address, acct name and some numbers.
- Trained Savage Defense 3.5 months after the patch when I accidentally ran by the druid trainer in Moonglade and stopped and clicked stuff out of sheer habit – as immortalized in the last still shot of CB05 video.
- Just did Talon King whatsisname for some Turkey achievement. Didn’t have the pilgrim gear on. Raidenwood went through it again for me. Except I hadn’t read the achievement correctly and wasn’t wearing BOTH pieces of gear.
- My first acct ended up in the hands of a friend. He transferred it to another guy, to another guy (I think) who then got caught doing something bad. Finally I just recovered the acct and now that last guy is S.O.L. Don’t break the rules, it’s not worth it unless you’re willing to drop what you’re doing and walk away when the heat comes around the corner.
- I tanked a heroic daily trying to recruit peoples. Kept having problems staying alive, whatever. Turns out I was in dps spec the entire time. At least I had my tank gear on.
- Hopped the Wormhole Generator to Utgarde (lands you on a ledge up on top of the keep), hadn’t forgotten what happened yesterday so I was quick to swap to tank spec as soon as I materialized. Then walked off the edge and wondered why I couldn’t shift into Flight Form immediately. Ooops, no mana. No problems, Innervate and wait for some mana to com… SPLAT!
- I’ve messed up gear sets a few times while tanking, occasionally when it mattered – and at least once with a very good and well-geared friendly female healer from <Synergy> back when I was in <Uthers Hand>, in one of the SSC Heroics. Heroics required vent and coordination at the time. Scared her pretty good, which had not been my intent. Bad CB, bad. Yes, btw, I’m a sucker for females.
- Rolled Need on a 2H epic in AQ40 on a 60-some alt DK. Then rolled Need on a 1H a bit later, saying I would be going DW when the next patch hit. Some rogue wanted the 1H for a good reason, forget what it was – either a twink or a 60-some leveling alt. Oh well, right? Except I’d forgotten that I’d just bought two 1H heirloom BOA swords. Dumbass.
- Finally got invited to a 10p or 15p raid on Undead Strat way back when, running with the big boys now. I had no idea I was supposed to pass on loot, so just rolled Need on something important (?). Pissed some people off, was way tired and had to log off before I fell asleep at the computer. Josh Reid probably had to apologize for me. Oh well.
- Rezzing while falling towards my body. Except apparently you retain the fall speed of your ghost after your rez – SPLAT! Only done this once.
- Racing through Heroic CoS: Stratholme with a well-tuned and overgeared group. Raced ahead of Arthas and cleaned the entire gauntlet before someone thought to go back and talk to him …so we had to do it all over again and rez some people who got caught when all the mobs spawned at once.
- Got BigWigs all set up for Putricide (yeah, I like DBM better too, and really wish they’d just do away with boss timer addons). Except forgot to leave the Gaseous Bloat thing enabled. Which is the debuff for when the orange ooze is targeting you. So many explosions and other crap to worry about that I didn’t notice. Oh well. “Ok guys, that one’s on me. Just wipe it quick. I ****ed up. My fault. Let’s go.”
- Don’t ever tell your guild that you’re not gonna wipe the raid again this night – like you did last night. On the limited-attempt boss. Right before the very first attempt of the night.
- Turns out you should probably check to make sure you’re not targeting someone’s pet before you hit your MC tinker thing.
Rain, worn-out tires on the CJ-5 along south bank of Potomac River, saw the traffic jam late, pumping brakes, sliding sideways and stopping a few cm from car in front – perpendicular to the direction of traffic.
228 229 Doc Moser call-out 238
- couch-moving fiasco
ATMA – wasting Hakai_No-Tenshi’s time
Almost sideswiping Jeep 2/28/2004 on I-5 by 32nd Str exit in San Diego
CD-case in Enterprise rental car
Backing up same car at NFCU parking lot
Rakt genom rödljus i Niceville
NAVSCOLEOD: 2.5hrs late for watch
Destin Commons – almost pulling out in front of car with Corey Baughman in passenger seat
Near head-on collision leaving Niceville heading up to Dothan & CLT while fiddling with voice recorder.
Leaving Cayo Grande going to Yoga class at night, it’s raining, chasing Tony & Corey and pulling out too far.
On way up to Las Vegas, not paying attention getting back on interstate – luckily a big passenger bus driver did.
På vägen till H. för första gången, på anfarten till 163an, ingen blick över axeln = nästan sideswipe på en Chrysler cabriolet med en kille och en tjej i, söndag eftermiddag…
Bildörren lämnad öppen över natten hos H. Jisses, alltså. Är du inte klok?
Jagade idiotiska kvinnan lite för hårt efter att hon kört åt fel håll i enkelriktade alley’n bakom Holland’s Bicycles… det skall till att ha lagen och rätten på sin sida hela tiden utan att någonsin ljuga för poliser.
Första gången på ett tag när jag körde upp till Crossfit igen hösten 2007 från Coronado ung. kl 0420 – ingen bra koll på döda vinkeln och trött och missade två bilar i rad på avfarten I-5 till I-15.
Slamming brakes on I-5 on way back from Crossfit in the morning.
DSU – gaffeltruck, mot basketball mål. Aj fan.
DSU – Diveheart first day trodde Creighton skulle klara av att kolla checkout-listan på jobbet, han missade CO, XO och CDR Yawn. Morgonen darpa missade jag duty section turnover as DCPO. Dan efter det hade XO’n snackat med COMSUBDEVRON, det visade sig at PNSY star inte alls for USS Pensacola, och den ubaten finns inte, sa darfor kan inte ha nan MODALERT. Portsmouth Naval Ship Yard, daremot… aj fan.
Moderate Pronation …istället för femton år av att tro att jag var en neutral runner
Pulling out in front of car after work.
Jävla helvetes-helg och tjejen samma skit som nere i florida.
DSU back deck of USNS Navajo de-brief zoned out, asked the wrong question. Ooooh yeah. One of those moments you’d rather live without. Own up, suck it up, move on.
* Don’t yell and slam the phone on the guy who assigns you your duty position for the next three to five years. One day you might stand in front of someone’s desk while they’re making a phone call to try to get you hooked up with special orders and you’ll hear them say:
“No, that doesn’t sound like something he would have done? Are you certain…”, while they’re looking at you like WTF did you do to this guy? …and then you’ll end up writing a letter of apology and all that.
- Here’s a good one. ~20-30 people standing around listening to some warrant officer drone on and on about yada yada good job (yeah, we ****ed you, but it’s over now) this and that and technical issue this and our goal was this and we didn’t accomplish it but we’re calling it a success anyway because that’s the way we do things …and I zoned out because that’s the only reasonable thing to do during these kinds of speeches. And then have the bright idea to raise my hand at the end and ask “Hey, what’s the plan for tomorrow?” Turns out that was the part he’d just gone over, the part I’d zoned out hard on. Yeah. Dumbass. Good warrant officer, too. Mostly, at least. Diving Engineer kinda guy who generally speaking did good things at my unit. CWO_ Sullivan.